Shingalani Bush Braai Menu
Welcome drink – Amarula Surprise
Welcome platters of local Biltong, dry wors and nuts
On the Buffet
- Potato Salad with condense milk made by Tan Malie
- Ma’s Special pasta salad
- Poep lekker 3 bean curried salad
- Green salad with olives and feta
- Coleslaw salad with raisons
- Beet Root salad
- Plaas pap met sous
- Fresh Boere Broed with creamy farm butter
At the Braai (Fire)
After the coals have died down
- Mike’s Boerewors (You have not lived until you have tasted Mike from Broederstroom Butchery’s Boerewors)
- Jan Mans Finger licking short ribs basted in his secret source
- Chicken pieces in the best barbeque marinade
- Beef potjie like you won’t believe
- Rosemarie infused roasted potatoes
- West Coast Snoek basted in apricot jam
- Platters of homemade desserts (Koeksisters, melk tert & Hertzhogie koekies)
- Lindi se erg Nordwes Moer Koffee, freshly brewed
- You might even want to grab some of that Boere broed and have it with a selection of Jasmyn Jams.
ABSA Bank recently hosted an event for their top 80 Northwest Clients at the new Shingalani Bush Camp, situated within the Harties Harbour and Kommando Nek Wildlife Resort.
They flew 10 of the top Pinotage wine makers from the Cape and accommodated them at the nearby La Dolce Vita Guest House in Kosmos from where they were collected with open Land Rovers and brought to The Bush Camp after enjoying a brief game drive, they set up their tasting tables in the open Boma.
Guests started arriving at sunset to enjoy an Amarula Suprize Welcome drink and wilst watching the wildlife come to graze right in front of the camp. As the sun dipped over the Magaliesberg Mountain Range guest entered the Boma to a warm centre fire and started socializing and tasting the various top 10 Pinotage Wines of 2017.
The drums beckoned all to the main Lapa were tables were set up in a stylish “Out of Africa” theme and came complete with a gift for every guest. After an entertaining and enlightening welcome and thank you speech by ABSA’s Phenyo Moremo guests enjoyed a traditional Northwest bush Braai menu complete with "Moer Koffie" and Hertzhoggie cookies.
Guests then mingled with wine makers and ABSA staff in the Boma and a good night was had by all.
Shingalani Bush Camp from the air